Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hirohito's Ghost Responds to My Haiku

The understated brilliance of "Bicycle Haiku" has been praised by critics and laymen alike throughout the globe...except Japan. Apparently my haiku is an affront to their culture. Who knew! American cars are burning in the streets of Yokohama, school girls are jumping in front of subway cars in protest, and now Emperor Hirohito himself has risen from the grave to respond to my haiku with a haiku of his own. Think of it as a rap battle, but between a blogger and a dead Japanese emperor instead of Dre and Easy E. I now hand the floor over to the goryō...


This is not haiku
You have caused us to lose face
Now stop this nonsense


Well. That was harsh. This isn't over Hirohito! I shall respond in kind before the next full moon.

1 Comentário:

Finski said...

Judas . . . after those awful game shows & karaoke, I expected a bit more humor out of our capitalist brethren in the Far East ... go figure!

  ©Skynet: California. Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top