Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Whitey McWhite Wants All You Minorities to Get Out of His Face


Dennis Prager, a voice of the far right on talk radio, wrote this column today. Blue Napkins sent the article to me in an email, and I found it to be really ridiculous.

I thought Dennis Prager was a moron, and this really confirms it. Dennis Prager lives in a fantasy world where his illegitimate right-wing notions are true. He wants us to pretend that none of our social problems exist and that everything is hunky-dory. He also wants us to ignore the fact that being white, male, Christian and heterosexual has historically and still does grant many privileges. Furthermore, he wants us to pretend that identifying yourself with an ethnic group or sexual orientation is narcissism but identifying yourself with your country is selflessness. In Prager's commandments, he wants to define a school that restricts freedom, recognizes nothing but the State and ignores all of the problems that exist in our society.

In his first commandment, Prager seems to be troubled by narcissism, so logically he's going to ban any group affiliations and focus on the individual: "The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity." That totally makes sense... This is along the lines of Arizona's law banning ethnic studies programs. What this amounts to is enhancing the white majority's ability to oppress minorities by not allowing them to organize or even identify with each other. The only affiliation of which Prager approves is with the country, an artificial boundary maintained by force that has been won through the genocide of Native Americans and theft from Mexico. I guess debate about the validity of the nation-state just muddies the waters though.

In his second commandment, Prager calls for a "formal dress code", which I assume means school uniforms. School uniforms are fucking horrible and stifle freedom of expression. Do we want school to be even more like the military? Dennis Prager's totalitarian school doesn't allow any other freedoms like making a club or identifying yourself as anything other than an American, so I suppose the freedom to dress however you want is not honored either.

In his fourth commandment, Prager forbids the use of "obscene language". I assume he's talking about words like shit and cocksucker, basically George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words. We don't want children to speak these "bad" words in school because these words presumably erode moral character and later in life, people will use them indiscriminately as adults. Of course Prager then precedes to brazenly drop an n-bomb and write the word "bitch". For some reason he couldn't bring himself to write "fuck" though. This paragraph alone shows what an ass he is. I personally find the n-word more offensive than any of George Carlin's words. Furthermore, I'd like to declare that Skynet promotes the use of the word "fuck" in all spheres of life but does not approve of the n-word.

Now that I think about it, I almost always have to choke back my own vomit when I read his Dennis Prager's shtick. This article is no exception, and I think it's safe to hang a label on him. Don't worry Dennis, I won't label you according to race, religion, or sexual orientation. Dennis Prager, on behalf of Skynet California, I hereby declare you to be an asshole.

8 Comentários:

Blue Napkins said...

Have you ever noticed how most of these old white Republican fuckers look like they would clean out a buffet? Damn near every one of them has warbling jowls and a terrifying grimace of a smile.

Finski said...

I'm not disagreeing with your estimation of Prager, Ong Bak. I can tell you loathe the guy.

But as a point of fact, it is worth noting that he's a Jew, not a Christian.

And while I can appreciate that both Blue Napkins dislikes the guy, and many of his ilk, ripping into your opposite number because of his body type is about as relevant as many of the insipid personal attacks that those same right wing jackasses often direct at pundits on your side of the ledger. There are fat, ugly, and unkempt thinkers out there of considerable wisdom, and may pretty idiots. Poke holes in Prager's arguments (which isn't too hard actually) but the ad hominem approach is tired. I can appreciate rancor and rage - hell, it's my modus operandi - but I think you, Blue, are far too bright to play that card. It isn't congruent with your previous postings on here.

Fin

Finski said...

Pardon my earlier typos ... typing at Starbucks on my third coffee has me jangled today ...

Fin

Joel Lewinstein said...

Fin,

I did not know he was a Jew. That is the most white-washed Jew I have ever seen. I guess he's not totally "Whitey McWhite" then. That's just how he came off to me. I probably should have looked at his Wiki first.

After looking at his Wiki, I'm surprised. He is a Fellow at Stanford and was one at Columbia. He is actually pretty accomplished. He seems so dumb in his articles though. They are always so narrow-minded, judgmental and simplistic. Maybe he wants all other minorities to purge themselves of any ethnicity and become a 1950s caricature like himself. Kind of like how the Mormons had to give up polygamy, so now they are the fiercest opponents of gay marriage.

Blue Napkins said...

Finski,
You're right, I allowed my rancor and snarkiness to get carried away. I was seeking more to comment on the predatory nature of these kinds of people, their desire to consume and devour everything smaller than them to obtain power and wealth. Sometimes I look at them and can just imagine the evil and greed shining through their features, like a Disney villain.

Finski said...

Ong & Blue ... I get angry and snarky plenty. I feel your pain at fools, even the sprinkling of them that aren't really stupid, but some of their views sure stink of ignorance to make me double take after the fact.

Anyway, I read your stuff and like it, that's the main point. But then I weigh in with silly-ass sports and movie fluff on here. So, y'all have a Woodward & Bernstein rep, while I'm like a Catholic version of Howard Cosell. So take it with a grain of salt :]

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Finski articles, one is long overdue.

Joel Lewinstein said...

Hey Fin, thanks a lot. I like your posts too. Keep 'em coming.

  ©Skynet: California. Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top